- TURNKEY FURNACE REBUILD PROJECTS
- SCOPE OF SERVICES
- FURNACE PROJECTS
- INTEGRATED SOLUTIONS
Dickinson Group of Companies' Furnace Projects Division has 90 years’ experience in providing turnkey furnace rebuild projects services to the mining, metal smelting, mineral processing, power generation and petrochemical refining industries.
The Group was founded in 1910 as a building construction company and in 1928 the company constructed one of South Africa’s first Blast Furnaces; This marked the beginning of the company’s furnace business.
The company has been extensively involved in the initial construction and shutdown projects on industrial furnaces for the metals smelting, mineral process, power generation and petrochemical refining industries throughout sub-Saharan Africa, and internationally in numerous countries around the globe, including the Middle East, Scandinavia and Latin America.
Dickinson Group of Companies' Furnace Projects Division provides Turnkey Furnace Rebuild Project Services for major furnace outages which cover the entire scope of work including but not limited to; project and construction management services, furnace decommissioning, salamander tapping, furnace demolition and refractory installation, civil, electrical, mechanical fabrication & erection works and furnace commissioning.
At the forefront of technology, the Group collaborates with leading engineering and design companies, procuring, manufacturing and installing refractory materials, which comply with stringent quality specifications, safety standards and are cost effective for the application.
With experienced management, expert supervision, highly skilled motivated personnel, state of the art equipment and standard operating procedures with a high regard for health, safety, environment and quality; the company offers clients cost-effective and tailor made integrated solutions. Dickinson Group renders professional turnkey services to large, global, diversified minerals processing and metals smelting companies.
The company provides Turnkey Furnace Rebuild Project Services for major furnace outages which can cover the entire scope of work including:
- Project and construction management
- Salamander tapping, controlled furnace decommissioning and cooling
- Civil and structural works
- Electrical and instrumentation works
- Refractory materials management, including selection, procurement, and testing
- Quality assurance and control systems
- Demolition of furnaces, removal of refractory linings, and waste management
- Design, manufacture and installation of anchor systems
- Manufacture of customised precast refractory shapes
- Hot and cold furnace repairs
- Hot sealing and insulation
- Drilling and installation of thermocouples
- Drying and curing of refractory linings
- Furnace start-ups and commissioning
- Anode baking furnaces
- Flash furnaces
- Six-in-line furnaces
- Electric arc furnaces
- Isamelt furnaces
- Blast furnaces
- Combustion stoves
- Holding and melting furnaces
- Sinter plants
- Induction furnaces
- Rotary kilns
- Preheaters and Calciners
- Cement plants
- Glass furnaces
- Reheating furnaces
- Ausmelt furnaces
- Carbon Bake furnaces
Dickinson Group of Companies' Furnace Projects team can plan, execute and manage any Turnkey Greenfield or Brownfield project and shutdown successfully.
- Construction management
- Shutdown management
- Tender and project management of subcontractors
Our customers gain the advantages of:
- Safe project implementation – Zero Harm is the goal
- Rapid response times
- Reduced downtime and higher plant availability
- Integrated project implementation
- Project quality and completion guarantees
- Significant production-cost savings